Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I HAVE A WD-73840 2012 TV. MY WIFE TOLD ME SHE HEARD A POP

Customer Question

I HAVE A WD-73840 2012 TV. MY WIFE TOLD ME SHE HEARD A POP AND NOW IT WILL NOT COME ON. I DO HAVE A GREEN LIGHT BUT REALLY NOT RESPONDING TO THE REMOTE? ANY IDEA'S? CAN'T EVEN GET A IMPUT SCREEN?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Sorry you're having problems. This TV has a replaceable Lamp inside of it that is designed to last several years, and then need to be replaced. It's perfectly normal for a lamp to "Pop" when it fails. When was the last time the lamp was replaced in the set please?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

If the lamp has not been replaced in the last couple of years, or was replaced using an inexpensive $30 copy lamp, then the Lamp should be replaced at this point. The correct OEM Lamp for your set can be purchased at the link below (Mitsubishi recommends avoiding the lesser priced lamps as they do not last very long and can cause damage to the TV):

http://www.purelandsupply.com/mitsubishi-dlp-tv-bulbs_wd73840.html

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

The lamp can be replaced by yourself at home, and instructions to do this are on page 27 of your TV's manual (at the link below):

https://www.encompassparts.com/shop/model_research_docs/?file=/MIT/om/WD73840.pdf

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for- please kindly RATE my service POSITIVELY to reflect that. Thank you.