Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a Magnavox Model 32MF338B/F7 the volume worked

Customer Question

I have a Magnavox Model 32MF338B/F7 the volume worked earlier today, turned it on now and there is no sound, and the mute is not on
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, is the no sound issue commonly observed even with the Magnavox 32MF338B/F7 in any SOURCE/mode; DTV/TV, Video 1, Video 2.........or a DVD player, cable box, game console (if so connected) ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is connected to the directv receiver on video 2, it was exactly the same as when I turned the tv off earlier. went to go to bed and there is no sound
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Can you please try unplugging both the TV and the DirecTV receiver for an extended period of time?

The idea is to simulate a soft reset of the devices.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how long is an extended period of time?
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

...an hour or so.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
wow that is a long time to reset
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

That would be a soft reset; discharge/dissipate residual power inside the circuitry.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok I dont have an hour to sit and wait to see if that works. guess no tv 2nite
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

That would be the only easy user doable attempt.

All others would involve checking physically the cable connections or even replacing the yellow + red & white RCA-to-RCA cable.

It may also require using the jacks for Video 1

...or depending on the model of the DirecTV receiver, use another connection method such as HDMI.