TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have a Samsung hl61a750a1fxza tv that won't turn on. Press

Customer Question
I have a Samsung hl61a750a1fxza...
I have a Samsung hl61a750a1fxza tv that won't turn on. Press the remote and the led lights blink but TV doesn't turn on. Cn801 pins 2,4,6 have 15.99 volts. Cn800 has 167 on both the +\- If I measure voltage at the led connection I get 15.2/14.9. The voltage drops after 10-15 seconds
JA: How old is your Samsung, and have you tried unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: Not sure the age. I tried unplugging it early on when the problem first started. It didn't seem to help. The tv would turn on if you kept trying----10 -15 minutes but now it doesn't even do that.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Incoming voltage to cn801 , cn800 and led connections
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
7/12/2016
TV Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 1 year ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi there

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm not sure what to check next? The TV used to turn on if you waited long enough. How much voltage should I have at the led connection? Is there another board I should check? Can the led's go bad all at once?

Which lights are blinking?

What color are they blinking?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The first light is on when the TV is plugged in---it's red
I Press the power button and the second light momentarily turns on---it's green
Then the third light flashes---it's green----until it tries to cycle,about 15 seconds.
After that all 3 blink-----red,green,green---until I unplug the TV
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Any ideas?

This sounds very like a faulty power supply board - can you try replacing it and let me know if the TV powers on normally again?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Isn't cn801 on the power supply board? Pins 2,4,6 have 15.99 volts. Isn't that enough ? Do they need to be a constant 16?

Yes CN801 is on the PS board.

15.99V is sufficient.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What other out puts should I look at on that board? What should I check on the LED driver board?

All outputs should be checked to ensure the PS board is functioning correctly.

The LED driver board is easily checked through its output - it either gives a display, or not.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What voltage should I get at the LED connection? I get about 15.5 on all 3 connections. I also checked the LED's to make they worked---they do. Don't LED's usually work of of lower voltage than 15.5?

I cannot find the schematics for this particular set, so I'll check with the other techs if they can assist you further.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Anybody have any new ideas?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm just trying to se if there is a way I can test my LED driver. I seem to have the correct voltage to the driver. Is there something I should look at besides the LED driver. Can you view my emails to see what has already been checked? I just feel like I have been forgotten and I have a very large TV sitting on my kitchen table. Let me know if you need more information---thanks
Pete, Electronic Engineer