TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

From East Haven, Connecticut. Our Sony KDL-46XBR3 46''

Customer Question
Good afternoon from East Haven...
Good afternoon from East Haven , Connecticut.Our Sony KDL-46XBR3 46’’ BRAVIA XBR Ser:(###) ###-####first lost sound about a couple of years after we had purchased it. Thankfully it was under warranty.Approximately 6 months ago (or there about) I noticed that when we first turn it on, there wouldnt be any sound but once we do a reboot, the sound would come back on.About 3 weeks ago, the sound diminished so badly that although it was still broadcasting sound, I could barely hear it even with my hearing aid.I recall the first time it was repaired the guy replaced a board and Im wondering if that may be the defective part that is causing the problem.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
7/11/2016
TV Technician: Master Fix It, Technician replied 1 year ago
Master Fix It
Master Fix It, Technician

Hi good afternoon from NC!

Thank you for that information.

Do you know what board was replaced ?

Thank you

Tech Michael

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No, I was actually hoping you might

Hi may I have the Serial #?

Also check the back for a date code;-)

Thank you

Tech Mike

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ser:(###) ###-####
Sony KDL-46XBR3 46’’ BRAVIA XBR
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Those are the only info I could get in the back
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
May 207 is the manufacturing date
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
That's 2007

Hi YEs thats it! lol

But, what was the reason for the board replacement?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It was not amplifying any sound

Thank you YES that same board has failed yet once again. CHeck to see as it may still be covered under a warranty from the service tech or the part manufacturer.

Let me know, but either way that same board needs to be replaced to fix this sound issue.

I wish I had better news for you, I really do.

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
MikeThat was back in 2011Its no longer under warranty and why I contacted your company

Hi, we dont make repairs we can only advise. if you would like to order that board, I will gladly show you who the best place is to get that that board, and I will help you replace it. There is no soldering needed, it simply plugs in ;-)

Please let me know on that?

Thank you

Tech Michael

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Mike if I know which board to replace, I certainly wouldn't go this route. Sorry but I dont think I can help you either.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Perhaps I expected too much and I am sorry about that.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I hope you understand
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have to go

Hi, Im sorry about that. Really.

Please rate my service kindly because its the only way I am compensated for my time and expertise with you.

Thank you

and have a great day anyway!
Tech Michael

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
If I do , would that mean I will not get my 38 back?

Hi I will mention this to Customer Service they make that determination, they are usually pretty good about things like this but I am only a Technician. But I can tell you in the 10 years i have been with them almost everyone is satisfied with their service;-)

In any case, that board will need to be replaced either by you ar a tech. Those boards usually come with a 1 year warranty from the manufacturer. You can ask the last tech about where irr came from and contact them directly. At least the will send you a brand new working sound board;-)

Tech Mike

Master Fix It
Master Fix It
Master Fix It, Technician