TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Thanks my question. I have a PDP-4360 HD plasma display

Customer Question
Thanks for fielding my question...
Thanks for fielding my question. I have a PDP-4360 HD plasma display system and want to hook up the display screen to cable directly, as I do not have access to the pioneer media receiver. Can I do this? The black and white DVI cables from the display are not compatible with the HDMI port on the cable receiver. Is there a work-around by way of an adapter cord, or does the screen have to be hooked up to the media receiver?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
7/11/2016
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 1 year ago
Aric, Technician

Hello, Sorry you're having problems. Unfortunately no, you cannot use any of these sets without their respective Media Receiver boxes. The Media receiver box does more than process inputs, it also is integral to the display panel functioning and actually has error codes built in that will prevent the display from being used without it. This is the same protocol that every manufacturer that built sets with media boxes followed (Sony, Sharp, Panasonic, Pioneer, etc.). So that said the media receiver box would be needed for the monitor to be used in any way I'm afraid.

If you don't have the MR box, the only solution would be to scour eBay, and other used/pulled parts suppliers for a used one in order to use the set. I'm sorry for the bad news here and wish there were a quick fix.

I'm not sure if you're having problems replying? Please don't try to reply to the e-mail the site sends you. Instead use the link to get to the site page and reply here.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.

Aric, Technician