Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Moved my tv and thought I hooked up everything correctly.

Customer Question

moved my tv and thought I hooked up everything correctly. but now my tv has a red x and cable box not doing anything. I have another tv and that is working so I think I messed up something.. does this cost me anything for your help?
JA: What is the exact make and model of your tv? And how long has this been an issue?
Customer: since yesterday. Lg 42lf5600-ub
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: uplugging everything, doing a auto tuning channel, restarting receiver box, message just say tv not available try again later
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Is the Red X on your TV screen? Do you have ATT Uverse, or if not whom is your provider?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
x is on tv screen, yes att uverse
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Reboot your cable box, as the red X is an issue from the Cable Box to the TV- usually occurs with Uverse. Unplug the power cord to the cable box for 10 seconds, then plug it back in. Let the box reboot and it should cure the issue.

The Red X is something we see commonly and has nothing to do with your TV or your connections, it means the Uverse box is not receiving a signal from ATT- so would be an issue on their end.

After the box reboots, if you still have the same problem then simply contact ATT and let them know. They will refresh the signal and/or replace the box is the issue persists- again it's an issue on their end- not your end.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

If you need further confirmation of the diagnosis, then click on and view the information at the link below posted on ATT's site regarding the red X. It is an issue with their equipment and the steps I outlined above are what need to be done:

https://forums.att.com/t5/Using-your-U-verse-TV/My-tv-has-a-red-X-on-the-screen/td-p/3601027

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.