TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

LG model 47LD520 struck by lightning. blue light comes on

Customer Question
LG model 47LD520 struck by...
LG model 47LD520 struck by lightning. blue light comes on when pushed, but not picture. took off back panel and see no visible damage to any of the boards?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
7/9/2016
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 1 year ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello

Welcome

So the blue light means the set is in the ON mode so if you press the menu button of the sets own remote control does the menu come up please?

Anthony

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No. Wasn't sure if it had to be attached to a signal to see anything. I don't think it does. Should show a menu when it comes on correct?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
also not sure the remote works, but should be able to press the side buttons correct?

You do not need a signal to see sets OWN menu

If you switch the TV off with the remote does it obey that command?so light will change to red?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
unfortunately right now, I don't have the remote. when we powered it up about a week ago, the remote seemed not to be active. was told the batteries were new, but we got nothing. I figured I would just get the TV at my home and take the back off to look for a surge on either the power or main boards, but I see nothing at all. Back is still off the TV, so was just looking for what could be the issue.

You see we need to cover tests each test leads on to what avenue to go down like finding your way out of a maze, so without the remote then is there a MENU button on the set itself in the front?if not let me know what all the buttons are on the front of the set please

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK. Here goes. Right side front of TV in order top to bottom
Channel
Volume
Enter
Menu
Input
On/Off

Press the menu button on the TV then, does the menu come up or not please ?set ON blue light lit?

Anthony

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can I power it up with the back off and try this?

Yes if you have the back off thats not a problem do not touch anything though just switch ON and let me know if the MENU comes up

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK. Here is what I have. Red light flashes and then it is solid blue. No display at all.

You are not answering my requests please, I fully understand what condition the set is in I just need to know if the menu comes up or not then we move on thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
set is on blue light and there is no menu
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
are we done now? Jeez.

No I am running checks with the data on this set please give me upto 5 mins to reply and also these are simply checks so I know what is wrong with the set when I know what is wrong I will let you know thanks

Its looking like the main-board has took a hit and will need to be replaced do you think you can do the work yourself?I will provide all the relevant info for that let me know

Anthony

Before doing anything though please cycle the INPUT button of the TVs own remote and see if you pull in the sound from the cable or sat box

Louie, Technician