TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have samsung tv and have had the crackling sound and

Customer Question
hi I have samsung tv...
hi I have samsung tv and have had the crackling sound and pixelated screen for a while now. whilst turned off the tv sometimes turns its self on
JA: How old is your Samsung, and have you tried unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: yes id say 4 to 5 years
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: turning off hasn't helped it has progressively got worse
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: I have tried disconnecting and resetting tv
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: to factory settings not sure what to do
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/9/2016
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 1 year ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello

Welcome

I will need the model number of the TV please found on the back of the set?thanks

Please reply back here

nthony

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
LE37R88BD

OK great

OK does it do the same thing if you use another input like for example a DVD player or a game or even an old VCR ?

Do you have anything like that to try?

Anthony

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Its just whenever i turn the tv off if i have turned off for a while
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
happens on all sources

OK so it happens with other inputs too

How are you viewing TV please?satellite cable box\cable straight no box\antenna?

Anthony

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
in built in freeview DTB receiver

You are very sure this is happening with other sources like a DVD player or similar?this is very important for me to know

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
how can i test this i only have a playstation it still crackles and pixelates for a few minutes when i turn tv and play station before it warms up
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
crackles on initial warm up on all inputs

Yes the playstation is good enough and is conclusive thanks

OK the problem is one of two things

1 Bad capacitors on the power-board these would need to be visually examined

2 A bad main-board we make a decision based on number 1 result

Can you do work yourself with the set?I can help you with this, just to emphasize if you have to replace a board its a plug in one very easy to replace, let me know if you can do this.

Please consider rating the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the site (I am a user of the site like you are a verified technician) if you need more help let me know , note the question is open for 30 days should you need more help now or later thank you.

Many Thanks

Anthony

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
if i have tv on for a while then turn it off then back on after a few minutes is fine. Its when it has been turned off for long periods it crackles and pixelates before settling down. What can i do? Why does it turn itself on if it is on standby?

Yes I totally understand and what you are describing is very common particular with samsung sets but it will need to be examined like I stated above

I believe you may very well have bad capacitors on the power-board itself

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I can try what will need to get to check capacitor?

OK give me a min

You need to get the back OFF the set (set disconnected from wall-power)

https://snag.gy/sLY2F.jpg <<click

You need to examine the above they are all grouped in a corner of the board , you are looking for ballooning\raised domed tops\or leaking let me know if you spot any of this, agai it will ultimately lead to replacing a board so bear that in mind

Anthony

Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician