Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have direct tv can I get netflix, Sony Bravia which has

Customer Question

I have direct tv can I get netflix
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Sony Bravia which has Netflix but it keeps telling me to connect to the Internet which I am connected through direct tv
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: well good question I made sure I was connected through direct tv
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: I guess not
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, While DirecTv may possibly provide your internet (which they do not- perhaps Hughes net), but connecting the TV will be another story. What is the model number off of the back of the TV?

Also, have you set up the internet connectivity on the TV itself (typed in your Network, Password ***** connected)?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

DirecTv does not provide internet service- they subcontract out if you use them to pay your internet bill. Common suppliers are Hughes and other satellite based internet. That said, even if DirecTv is connected- that is different than your TV being connected. Your TV needs to be manually connected to your internet. In order to get you any specifics on that, I would need to know the model number off of the back of the TV.

Expert:  Viet - TV Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the model of your Sony Bravia TV?

What's the brand / model of your internet modem / router device?

Are you able to go to the Network (or Wireless, etc.) option on the TV?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me. Thank you,

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the model of your Sony Bravia TV, such as KDL48W600B or XBR-55X810C

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me. Thank you,