How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jack Your Own Question
Jack, Technician
Category: TV
Satisfied Customers: 9915
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
Type Your TV Question Here...
Jack is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a tachi ultra vision 52" tv from 1999. The plexiglass

Customer Question

I have a hitachi ultra vision 52" tv from 1999. The plexiglass has been broken and I'd like to know if it can be replaced. The model number on the tv is 535BX59B V9F002193. There is a number on the plexiglass P#KR01233. AA 02876. DNP
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Hitachi is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I sent that to you
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Did you read my message
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No. Thank you
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Hi i`m Jack an older tech. who has replaced quite a few of those lenticular panels and sorry to say but it will be next to impossible to find of those 3 layers (usually) , the re is the protective glass then the fresnel and finally the lenticular which is somewhat like a big magnifying glass (lenticular) in those

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

best thing you could do with this tv really is a target practice box