TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Even when I plug in cables my TV says there is no connection

Customer Question
Model UN32EH4003F JA: What's the make...
Even when I plug in cables my TV says there is no connection Model UN32EH4003F
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: samsung
JA: Huh?
Customer: samsung model UN32EH4003F
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: NONE
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: NO
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
7/6/2016
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 1 year ago
Aric, Technician

Hello, and sorry you're having problems.

Offhand WHAT is it you'r connecting to the TV (for example: cable/SAT box, Roku, etc.) and using WHAT specific type of cables please (HDMI, component video, etc.)?

The details determine the solution so please postback with as many as you can.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
roku HDMI

Thanks. I'm assuming a Roku BOX and not the Roku stick?

Have you used the Samsung remote's "Source" button to select the HDMI port you're plugged into? That is the first step. Let me know once you've done that.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I just paid $28 for what, so you could tell me to phone you for $26.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have connected the cables and the the TV tells me there is nothing connected

No sir, the site sends that phone call option- not anything I requested. Please review the answer above and reply back on this page.

Specifically, USE the Samsung remote's SOURCE button as indicated and select HDMI. Have you done that yet, yes or no please?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have. although it has several choices. I need to walk in the next room to see which I chose

Okay, you will need to select the specific one you have the Roku's HDMI cable plugged into. So check if it's plugged into HDMI 1, 2 or 3, and make sure you're selecting HDMI 1, 2 or 3 respectively.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it says HDMI1/DVI and one I did not choose says HDMI2
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
how do I know which one i'm plugged into does it say

You lost me. You're plugged into HDMI 1 and did not choose HDMI 2? What you need to do is select the one you plugged into. Also HDMI 1/DVI will not work- since it needs audio cables as well.

Shut the TV off. Plug the ROKU into HDMI 2.

Turn the TV On.

Use the SOURCE button on the Samsung remote to select HDMI 2.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My roku has cables no USB I just ckd

I never said anything about USB. Please follow the instructions I posted. I will post them again:

1) Shut the TV off.

2)Plug the ROKU into HDMI 2.

3)Turn the TV On.

4) Use the SOURCE button on the Samsung remote to select HDMI 2.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
HDMI IS FOR USB. MY ROKU ONLY HAS THE 3 PRONG CABLE WHICH WORKED ON MY OTHER SAMSUNG

HDMI is for HDMI- not USB. You told me above that you have an HDMI cable from the Roku to the TV. So now you're saying you don't? Okay, I'm just going by what you're telling me.

If you're using the Red,White and Yellow cables, then you select "AV" or "Video" (whichever of those two choices is available) using the Samsung's SOURCE button. Try that.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
THAT I CAN DO BE RIGHT BACK

Okay sounds good.

Were you able to get the Roku letters to appear on the screen?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
sorry I can't do this. thank you for your time

What can't you do please? Let me know where you're stuck.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no roku letters no nothing. i'm sorry i'm done running back and forth.
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 1 year ago
Nathan, Installer

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Do you need more help with this? I can help you here, or by phone if you prefer, at your convenience. If you'd prefer to pick this up another time that is ok too. If you just want to cancel/refund, you may to that from the help page.

Nathan, Installer