TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have a 2011 70" Aquos Sharp LCD tv the screen is pink.. We

Customer Question
I have a 2011 70"...
I have a 2011 70" Aquos Sharp LCD tv the screen is pink.. We have shut everything off and let it cool down.. We have gone to factory settings and reset it as well no luck.. Help
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
7/6/2016
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 1 year ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello

Welcome

If you press the menu button of the sets own remote control is that normal?or do you not see the menu?or you see the menu but its covered by the pink?

Anthony

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
We see menu and its regular color

So menu is normal

You have a problem with the signal, is it coming from a satellite or cable box?please unplug the box from wallpower wait 5 mins then replug back in again let me know if their is any change please?

Anthony

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
We will try that again.

Yes try that and also make sure the lead is good, if its hdmi replace it, also try another input like a DVD player is that OK?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I tried my dvd and it too was pink. 3 more min till I plug back in...
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Just turned it on and the Direct tv box is resetting.. it first comes on blue back ground then turns pink again :(

Aaah if the DVD is bad too then yes its a problem with the Tv namely the mainboard do you think you can replace this board yourself?

Anthony

This diagnosis is based on the sets OWN menu being normal is that correct for sure?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
do you know how much they cost?

You need to get the back off the set, locate the main-board thats the board with all the AV connectors on,now take the board out by unplugging it and unscrewing it from the chassis,look on the board for the part number this will be on a sticky label or etched on the board (you may need to try different codes on the board) then initially try www.shopjimmy.com, if they don't have it google the part-number only, fitting is the reverse of taking out plug and play.

Board cost is around $100

Let me know if you need more info

Please consider rating the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the site (I am a user of the site like you are a verified technician) if you need more help let me know , note the question is open for 30 days should you need more help now or later thank you.

Many Thanks

Anthony

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Menu is normal colors..

OK then the mainboard needs to be replaced

Let me know if you need more help

Please remember to rate me positive as this is the only way i receive credit from the site thanks again

Anthony

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I just plugged in all the wires to another tv and it too is pink. So must not be the tv. Glad I checked before ordering a new board. So tv isn't the problem.

Yes but you said a DVD was the same?if a DVD is the same you see and the cable satellite box is the same that is two inputs the same so I would rule the box out, so the DVD cant be pink can it?you have made a mistake and that mistake has led to a diagnosis that wont be correct, I can only make assessments on what you tell me ........ if its not pink which I suspect its not then the box is bad.....

I am referring to an entirely separate input when I said the DVD to try, NOT anything to do with the box like its copying hardware like a DVR which will be the same fault

You need to contact your box provider they will swap it

Many Thanks

Anthony

Many Thanks

Anthony

Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician