TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Vizio D58u-D3: How do I get the yellow out of grass and

Customer Question
Vizio D58u-D3: How do I get...
Vizio D58u-D3:
How do I get the yellow out of ***** ***** grass and similar?
Tried every possible setting.
I don't want a dark movie setting, I just want the greens to be richer.
Computer mode is the brightness I like.
How do I get the dust out of bright shots?
Tried every possible setting.
I don't want a dark movie setting, I just want the dust gone.
Computer mode is the brightness I like.
Can you guide me into advance settings to fix the problem
***@******.***
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
7/5/2016
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 1 year ago
Aric, Technician

Hello, Sorry you're having problems. If you're having that significant of a color issue, I would be very surprised if the TV were actually the root cause at all. Usually this is caused by the cabling/connections or possibly even the "Source" itself. What do you have connected to the TV (cable/SAT box, DVD player, home theater, etc.)?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Only Direct TV HD dish cable.

Okay, So DirecTv? What type of cabling is being used- please specify (HDMI, component video, etc.)?

If you're using the 5 color coded component cables, then those symptoms you have generally mean that the Green cable in the 5 is pulled loose or has failed. However if you're using an HDMI cable, then that would not apply. Let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't know cable terms. It's a new Direct TV box.
Also my room is not a bright room.
It is fully curtained and dark

The cabling is paramount here since it could be the actual root cause.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It is an HDMI cale for 4k ultra HD

Okay, sorry I don't have any ideas on this one. I will opt out and open the question to other experts.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It is an HDMI cable for 4k ultra HD
Louie, Technician