Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My LN40A550p3F TV gives me very strange colors, whether I

Customer Question

my LN40A550p3F TV gives me very strange colors, whether I use HMI1, 2 hor HDMI3 with a PC connection. The sounds is fine, B/W text looks sharp, but the color picture is weird. I am trying to find the firmware to update, but the Samsung web site tells me that is not available. :-(
JA: Huh?
Customer: Exactly!
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Sharp is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It is not a sharp. but a samsung
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have reset to factory settings. I have reseated all cabled, espeicially the 3 HDMI cables.
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Well ....no I guess
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome

So you have tried more than one input?so a PC and maybe your satellite or cable box?

Anthony

I see you have viewed what I have asked?its just to clarify what you have already said?its very easy to be thrown off track with troubleshooting TV issues or any issue mechanical or electronic, everything has to be checked now you have no said that the first input is a cable or satellite box just that you tried a PC