TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

The audio is playing on my sony Bravia (1 week old). No

Customer Question
picture. JA: Can you guesstimate how...
The audio is playing on my sony Bravia (1 week old). No picture.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Sony is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Have done the shut off and switch on protocol. It's brand new. The 2016 model of Bravia 48 ". Tge card says kvl-48w562d
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Switched off. Pulled out plugs. And put them after a minute.
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: It's connected to my Bose 520
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
7/3/2016
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 1 year ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Welcome. I am Mike, an experienced field technician. We are now connected together on this convenient website where I am able to help you. To get started, I need to know you can see this message and are able to reply to me here...

-Is the screen all black or all blue or error message or? Is the screen glowing very slightly?

-Can you bring up the tv menu using the buttons on the tv itself?

-Is the Tv Power LED on or blinking or?

___________________________________________________________________

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi mike. Screen is all black. The green led is steady. No tv menu possible. But it's my Bose system is playing sound but this song is not plying the pic.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sony
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
playing

If you can't see the tv menu then it is a problem with the tv itself not what ever is connected. Please try this:
-unplug the tv POWER cord from the wall outlet.
-press and hold the power button on the tv for 20 seconds and release.
-plug in only the tv power cord and turn on.

-try to get the tv menu to come up with buttons on tv (not remotes).

If that does not help then unfortunately there is not going to be any easy reset/fix. The Tv has an internal failure and the back panel needs to come off, complex checks need to be performed with a meter, then parts ordered and installed. If that is something you want to attempt then reply back here and I can assist you further.

If you are unable or unwilling to perform any of these procedures then a repair shop should be consulted but I can tell you that diagnosis, parts, and labor will end up costing just about the same as a new 48" Tv and could take a few days to a few weeks to get all sorted.

I do understand that finding out your tv needs expensive repairs is not pleasant.

Keep in mind, an in home diagnosis by a local repair shop costs $100-$135 up front. So finding out whether your tv can be repaired and how much it may cost from this online chat is well worth it.

Before you go please take a moment to submit at least a 3 star rating at the top of this page so that I get credit for my work.

Thanks

Hello, just checking back in to see if you still need help, or perhaps you would like to acknowledge that my time and input has been helpful?

Mike G.
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician