TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Somehow the correct "Cable Channel 3" option on the "Input"

Customer Question
button has disappeared...I still have...
somehow the correct "Cable Channel 3" option on the "Input" button has disappeared...I still have the DVD and the incorrect "Cable Channel 120". How do I get the Channel 3 option back? The Cable Channel 120 is snowed out. Thanks
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
7/3/2016
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 1 year ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

- Is the cable box hooked into HDMI input of TV or into Antenna input?

- What button on Vizio remote you usually push to get cable channel on TV?

This info will help to assist you further.

Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Input button. There has always been a "channel" 3 option - it is no longer there.

OK, is it possible for you to find connection cable at rear of cable box and follow it to see where it plugs into TV?

Also, check the label of jack/port of cable box where that connecting cable hooked into. I hope it would be HDMI Out at rear of cable box.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Everything seems to be plugged in correctly & tight

I understand, all I need to know is how the cable box hooked to TV and identifying the connection cord will help me to assist you properly, since I can't see that from here so have to ask you to please check.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Cable comes from the wall goes to a splitter that goes to cable box and to the tv. Nothing has changed with connections-

OK - Have you tried to unplug TV and cable box power cords from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok

Thanks, ***** ***** back with the result.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I fixed it on my own- FYI it was a channel scan under the "tuner" options in settings that corrected it.
Maybe that can help you in the future. Since I did it on my own how much will I be charged?

Nice, sounds good the problem is resolved and it seems you're using old version cable box that output plugs into Antenna input of TV that I was asking before but couldn't get that info.

Please contact customer service at give link/ number for any billing query as I have no info about such matters.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help
Call USA:(###) ###-####br />United Kingdom - 0***-***-****
Ireland - 1800-760-906

Thanks.

Louie, Technician