TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Video input selection flashing won't stay on a input, 6

Customer Question
video input selection flashing won't...
video input selection flashing won't stay on a input
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: 6 months off and on
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: none really
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no, thank you
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/3/2016
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 1 year ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

1- Could you please get me the model number written on back of TV?
2- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?
Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Cptoh-0603
Cable#1
Cable#4
Hamilton
Sdvi
Stb
Component 2
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No Hamilton

Thanks for the info.

Please remove the batteries from TV remote and check if it now stays on video input?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The batteries in the remote control?

Yes, also check the Input button located on TV itself to see it might get sticky and causing continuous command to change video input, push Input button on TV itself a few times to make sure it is not sticky.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No moves up down by itself won't stay on one input then switchs to blue blank screen

I understand, checked the Input button on TV itself as well?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I did same thing
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Goes to blue screen with rotating no signal sign

OK, have you tried to unplug TV and cable box power cords from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
This is the last thing we can try on user level fix, if it doesn't work then I'm sorry it would be hardware related problem and either control button board or main board would be defective, control button board is where volume, channel, input buttons are located and main board is where main controller chip is mounted that controls all the functions of TV including video input switching. Please reply back with the result to proceed further.

Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it is working now..

Excellent, glad to know it is working now. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.
Regards,
Shahid.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Better to run off Dmi or cable?

Select HDMI if there is cable box hooked into TV and you use cable remote to change the channels.

Hi, do you need any further assistance with this question?
Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Well itso back to where it was now not working again...going to unplug everything overnight. That don't work best to replace the main board first? I see its alot cheaper then the control board...

Sorry to hear that, yes, try to leave it unplugged for longer time and if problem persist then replace main board to see if it fix the issue. I would suggest a new replacement TV as this one is obsolete for current video devices so think about to invest repair money on new TV that would be equipped with latest video technology for sharp and vivid picture quality.

Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
Regards,
Shahid.

Thanks.

Shahid
Shahid
Shahid, Technician