TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Emerson led tv stays on one channel- channel 3. Should I go

Customer Question
Emerson led tv stays on...
Emerson led tv stays on one channel- channel 3.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the LED television's exact make and model?
Customer: Should I go to source and move to tv, hdm 1, hdm2, hdm 3, video
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Lf501eMf is model no.
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: This is my elderly mom's tv- I am here visiting and she says it only gets ch 3 for past 2 days- but I know it's something she pressed by mistake
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What will total charge for this be?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
7/2/2016
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 1 year ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Welcome. I am Mike, an experienced field technician. We are now connected together on this convenient website where I am able to help you. To get started, I need to know you can see this message and are able to reply to me here...

-Who is the channel provider? comcast or directv or?

___________________________________________________________________

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Charter tv. Com.cast

huh? which one? Charter or Comcast?

Is there a Charter or Comcast box sitting next to this tv?

Is there a Charter or Comcast remote that controls that box?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Charter is her cable provider. This is my elderly moms tv- I'm visiting- it's something she pressed by mistake
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No Emerson remote only

You are sure there is no Charter box sitting next to this tv and no Charter remote that controls the box?

Appears the site sent you an automatic pop up for phone call service. This was not sent by me, and I am not available by phone. In the mean time we can continue our chat...

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok it looks like the cable boxes are in bedrooms not in den- just says general instrument. Interactive digital communications in one and Motorola on the other box
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I think she pressed something by mistake- do you know if after pressing source I should press tv, hdm 1, 2 or 3 or video?

That is good information, but I wan't to know if THIS tv has a Charter box with remote?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No charter boxes w remotes

If there is no box, then the tv does NOT need to be put on hdm 1, 2 or 3 or video. It needs to be on "TV". Then just use the channel up/down buttons. If you don't get any channels then channel scan must be performed, found in tv user manual page 23:

http://www.funaiport.com/download/download.php?id=3726&brand=Emerson

If the scan does not find any channels then, there is something wrong with that cable outlet or the tuner is defective in the tv.

Let me know how else I can help and before you go please take a moment to submit at least a 3 star rating at the top of this page. Then if you still need help you can reply back and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
But she has cable

yes sir. No cable box = set it to "TV" which is the built in tuner. use tv remote to scan for channels page 23 of supplied manual.

Tell me how far you get, where you get stuck.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Scan worked fine and apparently same thing happened last weekend when my sister was here and she was able to press something and get it working but she doesn't rememer what

You just performed the scan?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Performed it before I got online looking for help
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The scan

And what happened during/after the scan? It found all the channels?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
from douce on remote I pressed tv which then went to hdm 1 and if I hit ch button it then goes to hdm2

What happened during the scan? It found all the channels?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
then back to one channel-

Are you seeing my replies? I keep asking:

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
but I can't get any besides the one w the remote
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How much has this "session" cost me? I still don't have a solution

-unplug the tv POWER cord from the wall outlet.
-press and hold the power button on the tv for 20 seconds and release.
-plug in the tv power cord, turn on, and test (set to TV change channels).

read site help pages for billing inquires. not allowed to speak on that as a tech.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No difference. Same problem

Sorry to hear that. This means the tv is defective and needs parts and service which cost more than a new tv of similar size.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No because if that was the case my sister wouldn't have gotten it working last weekend. Problem is she doesn't recall what she pressed either. Tv is only 2 years old
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What is the charge for this service?

already stated billing inquires policy.

good luck with the tv.

na

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What phone no do I call??

go to home page, see site help

Mike G.
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician