TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

My Trutech under the counter combo was working fine until

Customer Question
our last storm. I...
My Trutech under the counter combo was working fine until our last storm. I get a blue screen but no TV picture. I have worked with Comcast and they have resent the TV signal many times. I got a new box from them yesterday but I still don't have a picture. The Comcast fellow said it shows "my TV is offline". I have tried to use the remote and "set tv" to get it to stay on 2. Cable but it wont. It returns to 1. Air everytime. Can you help me please?
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: No clue what the make and model are. I can't find the manual. It is probably around 6 years old. Can you tell me where to look for the make and model and I will try? Please.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I tried to use the remote to set the TV to 2. Cable but entering SET TV, arrow to 2 and hit enter. Returns to 1. Air
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No. Thank you.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
7/2/2016
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 1 year ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Welcome. I am Mike, an experienced field technician. We are now connected together on this convenient website where I am able to help you. To get started, I need to know you can see this message and are able to reply to me here...

-What is the model number printed on the back of the tv?

-Do you have the original tv remote in working condition?

___________________________________________________________________

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Mike, I can see your message. Thanks for helping me.
--Yes, I have the original TV remote in working condition. The "3" button is a little difficult sometimes probably because of use. But it still works.
- Let me see if I can get a model no. for you. I would have to unbolt the TV down from the kitchen counter.
BRB

ok

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It is a 7" LCD TV + DVD space saving kitchen TruTech KLV3170

thanks.

If you look at the connection that goes from the cable box to this tv, which port is it plugged into on the back of the tv? examples:

-coax rf

-AV

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Mike, I'm having trouble getting to the back of the TV. Give me a minute please.

ok

I'm going to assume you are using RF Coax connection... Please try this:

-ensure the cable box is connected and turned On.

-on the tv remote (not comcast remote), press MENU

-it should be at SETUP screen

-goto RECEPTION and set it for CABLE

-goto MEMORIZE CHANNELS and let it complete the channel scan

-save/exit the menu

-use channel up/down buttons to get to the correct channel (usually you want channel 3 or 4).

Let me know how that goes.

Hello, just checking back in to see if you still need help, or perhaps you would like to acknowledge that my time and input has been helpful?

Mike G.
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician