Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have just added a Roku stick to a sony Bravia and am

Customer Question

I have just added a Roku stick to a sony Bravia and am running it through a Pioneer Elite vsx-21. While I run the tv and dvd player successfully through the system, I cannot get the Roku sound to run through system the optical or the other rca audio jacks.
Any thoughts
Category: TV
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

What is the Roku stick plugged in to, please?

Have you been able to verify that the Roku stick itself is indeed offering sound to whatever device it is plugged into? in short, does it work on any device that you've tried it on, yet?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is plugged into the sony hdmi port. It is providing sound through the tv and seems to be working properly.. When I change the tv setting to using audio system instead, nothing.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

I understand so far. But what setting on the TV do you change to the audio system ? and, what audio system?