TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Have a 70 inch sharp that will not power on, About one and a

Customer Question
Have a 70 inch sharp...
Have a 70 inch sharp that will not power on
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Sharp is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: About one and a half year
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Everything even put a new power board and still same thing
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: 2 long flashes and 5 short
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
7/1/2016
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 1 year ago
Aric, Technician

Hello, Sorry you're having problems. Can you please get me the model number off of the back of the Sharp if possible?

Also how long have you owned it for and when did the problem occur?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Lc70le757u and I had about year and a half
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Problem occurred about two weeks ago
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sharp tv

Thanks. What I was asking in the last part- was, were there any storms, power outages, etc. that could have been a catalyst to this issue? The blink code generally points to a hardware fault in the set, which is why I ask.

Yes, I know it's a Sharp TV. Please don't keep posting additional replies as it pushes mine off the screen. Please postback in one reply each time.

What I was asking in the last part- was, were there any storms, power outages, etc. that could have been a catalyst to this issue? The blink code generally points to a hardware fault in the set, which is why I ask.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Not that I know of. I just replace power board

Okay, hang on please. Looking up that code now.

Did you have the exact same blink code before you replaced the power supply board as well?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Same blink. Tryed the rests and same thing black screen
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This TV is on a surge board alone with sat box DVR and everything else is still working

Okay that is a "Panel Power" failure, and indicates the 12 volt line on the power board is missing or shorted. Or it can also mean that the T-con board, or panel itself has failed. Most people replace the power board for this code, which makes sense as it states "Panel Power", but that is only part of it- that panel power feeds the T-con which in turn produces an image on the screen. So you have two possible causes of this, either the T-con board, or the LED panel. The panel however is not available for resale and costs 80% of the cost of the TV when it was new. So the only shot you have here at trying to fix it is to replace the T-con board for this error code.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Is the t con board expensive

It's generally not when it's in stock. Most suppliers charge around $50 for it, but nobody is showing that they have any available, or any coming in down the pipeline either. The only source I was able to find the board on is eBay and they are looking for $120 for the part:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/T-CON-DUNTKF961WE19-B-Original-Sharp-LC70LE757U-/121928695519?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
We did notice lines across picture right before it went completely out

Again this could be a T-con or panel failure (rendering the TV not repairable) and there is no way to know without replacing the T-con board as both a test, and an attempt at a fix. Those lines can be generated by either as well. I'm sorry for the bad news here, but it is a gambit at this point as there is no way to test the panel without the t-con and vise-versa. SO if you're determined to try to get the set fixed, the only solution is to cross your fingers and purchase that t-con board.

If you need further assistance let me know. PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. That is how the site credits me for my work.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you

You're welcome. You can also take the part number off of the board at the link and Google to see if any other results pop up. PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. That is how the site credits me for my work.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Aric, Technician