TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Suhdtv un65js9500 small screen comes up on the side of the

Customer Question
tv. We do not want...
Suhdtv un65js9500 small screen comes up on the side of the tv. We do not want it there. It only goes away when we put the tv on mute. This switches sides .it appears on left side of tv for a time then switches to the right. Please help we do not want it on the tv
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
7/1/2016
TV Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 1 year ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

What is in the 'inset window', as I would call it?

Or, what content, channel, message, picture(s), are showing up in it?

That will be a clue as to what it is. When we know for sure what it is, we can turn it Off (esp. since it wasn't there forever.)

Let me know, in Reply, please.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Explain a little more to me

"Small screen" - what's in it, please?

(I regret that I am not able to offer Live Phone Call service at this time; However, your request is still open to other Experts in this category, and one of them may pick up on it at any time.)

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok what do you need to know please

I am Opting Out, having been unable to make progress with the case. My apologies... but I can post again to this case, too, if I have further help to offer. Thanks.

TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 1 year ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , I`m Jack ,different tech.
Perhaps I can help you with this problem

What is connected to this tv ?
Cable box,satellite,dvd,games etc. ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Century link

O.k but you do have a cable box and a cable company remote , is that correct ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
we have direct tv they cannot help us

o.k then direct tv it is

If you turn off the direct tv box (receiver) , does that small screen go away ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry i may not havegiven you thi havent tried it

Do you have the tv nearby ?

I just want to find out if the direct tv box or the tv itself has turned on what appear to be a close caption text mode box

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have a problem. i was told not to go this way by contacting you . So its going to be difficult working with you but i want to try this so the tv is close by

Not sure i`m following you here when you say " i was told not to go this way by contacting you "

I`m an independent Tv/audio repairman with 40 years experience so i don`t see the problem .

Do you want a phone call instead ?

I believe you asked for it earlier

Never mind the phone call , please just try what i asked and then i will have an answer for you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
although ive gone against the wishes of the guy i go with that could presnt a problem please call me

O.k then as the offer was made to another tech. i will have to re-iniate it from my end so you will have to accept the offer i will send you in a minute

If you don`t want that call the please just proceed here

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have already payed that to talk to the other guy. And then i got the answer back that he could not do a live call i dont want to go thru that again and be charged

You have not been charged anything yet and you havent paid the other guy , its the same money and it s a deposit

Now if we do not get down to business like right now then i`m also out of here , i`m a tech.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Try calling me

I`m back around if you wish to proceed and please do not ask me about the money matters or anything else , i`m a tech. and i repair tv`s and that`s it

not privy to any of the money matters or subscription or trials etc. etc. not an employee here but an independent tech. that gets paid by this website once you rate me for my help .

I cannot call you or accept the call offer , it is not here to accept , YOU have to accept mine

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi im here

Did you try what i asked earlier ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I asked him and he says he tried everything. Altho he is unaware im talking to u

I`m simply asking for a test and the results of that test PLEASE

Once you give me an answer to that simple test then i will tell you how to get rid of that box .

Right now i don`t know who is producing that box , the tv or sat. receiver ????

That will tell me , Try it and let me know

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I contacted you after he told me not to. Now i would be in trouble . Its better to leave it for him to deal with . So sorry to have taken up your time

Who is HIM ????

Are you in trouble or something ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No

o.k then what seems to be the problem about talking to me (us) ?

Anyway , take your time and if you can answer my question then i should have a solution for you .

I`ll be out for a while now

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I dont have a clue . I suggested it and he said no. I contacted anyway . I shouldnt have . I dont want to prcceed sorry i botgered u . He can figure it out himself.

No problem and tell whoever HIM is that i can figure this one out if you or HIM change your mind

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok

ok

Louie, Technician