TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have an RCA flat screen with DVD no sound

Customer Question
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
7/1/2016
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 1 year ago
Aric, Technician

Hello, Sorry you're having problems. Is there no sound on the TV when using the DVD as well please?

Please let me know when you're able to see my reply.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no sound

So to elaborate- no sound on DVD, or regular TV programming, yes?

IF SO, what is the model number off of the back of this set?

Also roughly how old is it and when did the problem occur?

Do you need assistance with this?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
0HD33DYX12

That doesn't come up as anything. The Model Number will be on the sticker on the back of the TV.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry L40HD33DYX12

Thank you, that's it. Can you confirm there is no sound at all either with regular TV programming OR the built in DVD please? If so, this indicates a hardware fault in the set in most cases.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No sound dvd or regular tv

Okay, this generally indicates a fault on the Mainboard of the set- which is where all of the audio is processed. However its worth trying a hard reboot to see if the processor is simply locked up. Please unplug the set from power then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote) for 15 full seconds and release. Then wait a full minute, plug the set back in and press power once. Check for sound and let me know if you have the same problem please.

Are you still having the same problem please?

If you're still having the same problem then the Mainboard in the set needs to be replaced to fix the audio. There aren't any pushbutton fixes for this unfortunately. The Mainboard is a "plug and play" component- meaning no soldering or special tools are needed to fix this, but the rear of the TV will need to come off. The Mainboard for your set can be purchased at the link below for $60 and change if you are looking to replace this yourself:

http://www.tristatemodule.com/275560-RCA-TV-Module-main-board-40-00S86A-MAE4XG-p/275560.htm

Alternatively, if this is not something you're comfortable with, then a shop will typically charge close to $175 parts and labor for this repair I'm afraid and a shop can be located at the link below:

http://www.tvrepairpros.com

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.

If you need further assistance let me know. PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. That is how the site credits me for my work.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
same problem

http://www.tvrepairpros.com

Do you need further assistance with this?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No thanks

The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for- please kindly RATE my service POSITIVELY to reflect that. Thank you.

Aric, Technician