TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

My Panasonic TV won't turn on. Plasma HDTV, modelTC-P42c2 I

Customer Question
My Panasonic TV won't turn...
My Panasonic TV won't turn on.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: Plasma HDTV, modelTC-P42c2 I have had it about 18 months. No problems in the past.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I tired unplugging it.
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: just get it started, please.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
6/30/2016
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 1 year ago
Aric, Technician

Hello, Sorry you're having problems. Currently are there ANY signs of life on the TV at all (power light lit, blinking, etc.)?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
a red light comes on when I hit the remote, but it shuts down after a few seconds

Thanks for the reply. That light doesn't start blinking at any point does it?

Also did this issue happen to occur after a storm or power outage?

In other words the light just goes from steady red to out- yes?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It simply blinks then goes off, there has been no storms or power outages. yes-out.

Okay, generally Panasonic sets have a pattern of blinks when they shut off on their own- which points to a hardware issue in the set.

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 3 times, and please let me know what happens.

If you're still having the same problem, this indicates a failure wit the TV- more specifically the Mainboard has failed and needs to be replaced. If you have this repaired at a shop you're generally looking at a $250 repair- and this is about the same cost as purchasing a brand new 42" LED TV- so not generally cost effective. Alternatively the Mainboard for your set can be purchased at the link below if you're looking to repair this yourself:

https://www.tvpartsforsale.com/Panasonic-TXNA1LFUUS-A-Board_p_682.html

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I completed the hard reset, nothing. The red light blinks about 6 times then goes out.. Nothing...

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.

If you need further assistance let me know. PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. That is how the site credits me for my work.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
there are no other options???

If your TV doesn't power up and stay on, it means there's hardware failure in the set. I don't have a magic way to fix something that is physically stopping the TV from staying on- its not a pushbutton fix. That said, what other type of assistance are you looking for today?

Aric, Technician