TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

My tv is on but will not go to any channels. Model # TC-32LX60 MX61440446. PanasonicScreen is black with a blue...

Customer Question
My tv is on but...
My tv is on but will not go to any channels.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/28/2016
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 1 year ago
Aric, Technician

Hello, Please elaborate- "go to any channels". What exactly do you see on the TV screen when you turn the set on?

Also what is the model number off of the back of the TV, and what is connected to it that you receive broadcasts from (cable box, etc.)?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Model # *****
MX61440446. PanasonicScreen is black with a blue rectangle that says 'channel not available.'

Thank you. How do you receive broadcasts on the TV- is it from a Cable Box please?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The technician with Cox could not help me,
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are you still there?

Yes I'm here. I have no way of knowing what the phone rep you spoke to (who don't actually install or fix things in real life) had you do. But did they have you reboot the box? If so, when you unplugged the box did that message stay on the TV screen?

I do not use the phone call feature, so please reply back on this page.

That message means one of two things:

1) The TV's Input got changed by accident.

2) The problem is the cable box itself.

So please tell me what you have tried so far so we can proceed.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
They rebooted the box. The message stayed the same. She thought it was the tv not the cable? She sA Cox technician nt me a new signal and all.Should I unplug the tv? If so, how?

Hang on. One piece of info is paramount here. When you unplugged the cable box- the message stayed on the TV screen is that correct?

I don't mean after the box rebooted, I mean while the box was unplugged. If the message NEVER left the TV screen the it means the TV is on the wrong Input. Do not unplug the TV simply let me know.

Are you still with me here? I need the info requested above so I can tell you how to proceed.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I just unplugged the whole thing. My technician had rebooted without turnig anything off.But I just got a new message on the tv when it came back on. It says 'First time set up.'
uh oh. Now it's backto the blue box with the mo channel sign.

Unplugging the TV has nothing to do with fixing this. The TV is not on the correct TV/Video setting, or has lost it's signal from the cabling from the box to the TV. On the top of the TV find the TV/video button and press that. Let me know what happens.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i get first time set up, then channel not available again.

When you hit the TV/Video button????

I'm not sure if you're replying to what I am asking you. The TV is not on the correct TV/Video setting, or has lost it's signal from the cabling from the box to the TV. On the top of the TV find the TV/video button and press that.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How do I get it on the right input? It was working yesterday before we went to Blue Ray.When I press tv/video I get input choices like TV, Cable! Htlm, video1 etc.

Yes they always work fine and then stop- that's why we do what we do here.

Now here's the thing- I have NO WAY of knowing which selection you choose, because it ALL DEPENDS on exactly what type of cabling/connections your cable box uses.

So you need to help me to help you. There are two ways to go about this.

1) Check the cabling at the back of the TV that runs FROM THE CABLE BOX and tell me what the port(s) are labeled. They will actually say HDMI, Video 1, etc.

2) Or use the TV/Video button and select EACH ONE of those selections ONE AT A TIME until you see a picture.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you on this as needed. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The only thing we get is html with the list including Netflix, Pandora, etc. those things work. Nothing gave a tv picture.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't see how to rate you. And for the moment my problem is not solved. Do I need to pay? I thought not.

You most likely just have a bad HDMI cable but since you cannot eeven tell me what cabling is used there, I will have to opt out since you cannot help me to help you.

TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 1 year ago
Nathan, Installer

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Marilyn.

Do you still need help with this?

Nathan, Installer