Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Although able to in the past, I cannot get on Netflix. When

Customer Question

Although able to in the past, I cannot get on Netflix. When I try to get on, I get an error message that says "Connection to server failed." Called AT&T and Netflix and they to,d me to contact Panosomic
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Panasonic is? And have you done any troubleshooting yourself?
Customer: I have not done much except with AT&T and Netflix. TV is probably about 5-6 years old
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Just resetting cable box
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

- Could you please get me the model number written on back of TV?

- Do the other internet applications in TV work fine?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model # ***** *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the other internet apps are fine
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry, this TV isn't smart TV that can connect directly to internet and doesn't have builtin internet applications.

Is there any other device/ box/ bluray player hooked to TV for internet/ Netflix streaming?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do have a router for this reason. This just started as I have been able to get on Netflix in the past.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Router is device that provides internet connectivity to different devices such as laptop, smart phone, computer etc.

- What other devices hooked to this TV?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just the cable box. This is a Netgear router specifically so I can get Netflix, Hulu, etc. it is what I was told I needed in order to get these services and has worked until recently.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Do you use Panasonic remote to open the Netflix app in TV?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I click on the Viera Tools button.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, working on it and get back to you in 10 minutes, is this OK?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

- Have you tried to unplug TV power cord from wall outlet for 5 minutes to reset, replug back in and run Netflix app?

- Also, does the Netflix login option appear on TV screen or you had to register this TV with Netflix through computer by going into your Netflix account?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried resetting cable but don't remember if I've unplugged the power cord.
It does not appear.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to leave shortly so will try this later or tomorrow. Thank you for your help.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, take your time and reply back with the result.

Thanks.