TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Although able to in the past, I cannot get on Netflix. When I try to get on, I get an error message that says "...

Customer Question
Although able to in the...
Although able to in the past, I cannot get on Netflix. When I try to get on, I get an error message that says "Connection to server failed." Called AT&T and Netflix and they to,d me to contact Panosomic
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Panasonic is? And have you done any troubleshooting yourself?
Customer: I have not done much except with AT&T and Netflix. TV is probably about 5-6 years old
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Just resetting cable box
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
6/27/2016
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 1 year ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

- Could you please get me the model number written on back of TV?

- Do the other internet applications in TV work fine?

Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Model # ***** *****
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the other internet apps are fine

I'm sorry, this TV isn't smart TV that can connect directly to internet and doesn't have builtin internet applications.

Is there any other device/ box/ bluray player hooked to TV for internet/ Netflix streaming?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I do have a router for this reason. This just started as I have been able to get on Netflix in the past.

Router is device that provides internet connectivity to different devices such as laptop, smart phone, computer etc.

- What other devices hooked to this TV?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Just the cable box. This is a Netgear router specifically so I can get Netflix, Hulu, etc. it is what I was told I needed in order to get these services and has worked until recently.

Do you use Panasonic remote to open the Netflix app in TV?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I click on the Viera Tools button.

OK, working on it and get back to you in 10 minutes, is this OK?

- Have you tried to unplug TV power cord from wall outlet for 5 minutes to reset, replug back in and run Netflix app?

- Also, does the Netflix login option appear on TV screen or you had to register this TV with Netflix through computer by going into your Netflix account?

Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have tried resetting cable but don't remember if I've unplugged the power cord.
It does not appear.

Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I need to leave shortly so will try this later or tomorrow. Thank you for your help.

OK, take your time and reply back with the result.

Thanks.

Shahid
Shahid
Shahid, Technician