Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

The sound stopped working after my son messed with the audio

Customer Question

The sound stopped working after my son messed with the audio out. He had headphones plugged in (kinda) and the TV sound was warbling up and down when my husband asked if headphones plugged in. They were and they had sound but after unplugging--no more sound on TV and no more sound in headphones when they were plugged back in.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv? Have you had any issues with the sound before?
Customer: No prior problems. Vizio model M55OSV.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Isolated TV by checking for audio on Netflix or gaming console. Nothing.
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Don't think so.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome

Sorry for your trouble here, the only logical explanation is the headphone jack has been mis-aligned because of the poor connection that was made with the plug into the headphone socket, I have had this happen many times before so what you need to do is switch set OFF, rigorously insert and pull out the headphone plug about 10 times then try again, if it doesnt work try again ,let me know if you get sound back on

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still same problem.

try another input like a DVD player let me know if there is sound then please

Another input will eliminate any box you may be using so we still concentrate on that socket

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My son is currently playing XBOX and it has no audio.

Yes that is good enough, well that socket appears to have got damaged, usually when you carry out that procedure it "frees" the socket up so I suggest you keep trying that if not then it may be necessary to get inside the set and examine it more closely?let me know if you can do that

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not able.

Sorry for that, in that case you will need a tech www.tvrepairpros.com <<click will locate a tech in your area

If you need further advice let me know this thread never closes

Please consider rating the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the site if you need more help let me know , note the question NEVER CLOSES IT REMAINS OPEN should you need more help no or later thank you.

Many Thanks

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks

If you change your mind about investigative repairs let me know

Anthony

PS please remember to rate the answer positively thank you