TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I hade a power outage on my 42" Panasonic Flat Screen. When

Customer Question
the power came on, there...
I hade a power outage on my 42" Panasonic Flat Screen. When the power came on, there was no power in the TV. I bought a power board from Shop Jimmy and installed it. TV worked fine until another power outage. This time I purchased a complete repair kit with all new boards and cables and installed. TV comes on for about 5 seconds and goes black. Any suggestions?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Panasonic is? And have you done any troubleshooting yourself?
Customer: its about 4 years old TC P42x5 -- have done no trouble shooting. there is a small board, the smallest, that has a different part number stamped on than what was in it. Wondering if that could be it.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: none
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
6/26/2016
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 1 year ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

- What does power indicator light on TV front do when press power button to turn On the TV?

does it lit, solid or blink?

if blinks, how many times it blinks, pauses and again blinks?

These info will help to troubleshoot the problem.

Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it comes on solid at first, then goes off and starts blink 12 times, pauses then repeats 12 times again.

Thanks, ***** ***** flashing light is an error code, I'm working on your TV issue and get back with you in 10 minutes, is this OK?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm working on a couple of issues at work, so right now is not a good time. Also, I probably should take the back off the TV again before going further.

No problem, meanwhile I'll provide error code info and what to check that you can try at later time.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you - will be later on this afternoon

12 times flashing power light indicates problem with Audio Amplifier section in this TV and possible causes are..

- Defective Speaker/Subwoofer

- Pinched Speaker Wire

- Wrong diagnostic by the A board

Follow the builtin speaker wires to see if the wire got pinched/ pealed off its insulator for some reason and might be shorting it to metal chassis/ ground of TV, if wire looks good then unplug the speaker connector from main board, replug TV power cord in and turn On the TV.

if still get 12 blinks error code then main board (A board) could be faulty (though it is new and came from reputable source) so try old main board to see if error code change this time?

Please reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks - Will be later today, but will follow up with you.

Sure, please take your time.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Okay , found a crimped speaker wire and repaired it. TV is working now, but it has a black horizontal line running across the the upper 1/3 area of the screen. Their are a couple of other very faint shadows of a line below that were not there before.

Nice, glad to know TV is working now. I just came online and need bit time to look into black horizontal line issue, get back with you in 30 minutes, is this OK?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm at work so take all the time you need.

There is SN Board located on left side, few flexible ribbon cables coming out of display panel plugged into that board, either upper flexible cables are misaligned or connections are clogged and causing the black horizontal lines in that area of screen. Please reinsert those cables after cleaning the cable connections. If problem persist then replace SN Board which is available at following supplier..

http://www.shopjimmy.com/panasonic-txnsn1rjuu-sn-board.htm

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.
Regards,
Shahid.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok - thanks so much! I will check the cables later today and respond.

No problem, please take your time and reply back with the result.

Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok - unplugged and replugged the cables. The black horizontal line is gone, but still have three faint shadow lines across the screen.

OK, there would be another long ribbon cable coming from A board plugs into SN board, reinsert that cable on both boards to refresh the connections, if it doesn't fix the shadow issue then swap the SN board.

Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok - will pull back off and try that later today. I will get back to you. Thanks for your patience.

Sure, please take your time, no rush.

Thanks.

Shahid
Shahid
Shahid, Technician