Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My toshiba tv has no sound, gimme a min, sorry but i know

Customer Question

my toshiba tv has no sound
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Toshiba is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: gimme a min
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: sorry but i know nuts about electronics
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: my tv is a L5450 series
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the TV.

Still, a little more background info please:

• • is this a fresh / new install? ...or the TV has been in use for some time and this no sound issue just recent;
  • • is the TV directly connected to an antenna? ...or is there a cable box, PVR or satellite receiver used with it;
  • • is the sound from the TV's built-in speakers? ...or is there a home theater or AV system connected;
  • • is the no sound issue only in TV mode? ...or with any/all other devices connected such as a Blu-ray player, others.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Hi again,

Any update?