Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

Thank You. Yes. We have a Toshiba 62HM95, serial # 26019706.

Customer Question

Thank You. Yes. We have a Toshiba 62HM95, serial # ***** We were watching and the TV went off. We turned it back on and it did it again. We can hear the sound so we are thinking maybe a lamp needs to be replaced. Toubleshooting advise? I don't know where the instruction papers are - sorry.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Toshiba is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Linda
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Nothing yet
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Welcome. I am Mike, an experienced field technician. We are now connected together on this convenient website where I am able to help you. To get started, I need to know you can see this message and are able to reply to me here...

-How long have you had the tv?

-Have you ever replaced the lamp before? when?

___________________________________________________________________

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Not sure why you can't reply so I will go with the information given so far....

The lamp should need replacing every 3 or 4 years. So any longer than that you are basically running on low. You can get the lamp at the link below. Do not get from Amazon or eBay or other discount sites:

http://dlplampsource.com/d95-lmp-television-replacement-lamp.html

Lamp instructions are on page 103 of the tv user manual, at the link below:

http://cdgenp01.csd.toshiba.com/content/support/manuals/userguides/su2847030/xxhm95_om_e.pdf

Let me know how else I can be of service.

Before you go please take a moment to submit at least a 3 star rating at the top of this page. Then if you still need help you can reply back and I will be happy to assist you further. Rating now does not prevent future replies.

Thanks