How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aric Your Own Question
Aric, Technician
Category: TV
Satisfied Customers: 44441
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
Type Your TV Question Here...
Aric is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I just bought a new TV. In our system you have to install a

Customer Question

I just bought a new TV. In our system you have to install a mini-box to convert from the cable to the TV. After the setup, the mini-box control runs the TV and changes the channel. Problem is there are many functions for which you still need the original TV remote, like changing input sources. Can I reverse things, that is, run both the TV and the mini-box from the original TV remote?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, With every TV that I know of, there is no way to program the TV's original remote to control any sort of cable box/mini-box, SAT box, DTV tuner box, etc. The only way to typically do this is to use the cable box included remote and gain "basic" functionality of the TV. However there are universal remotes that can be used. However I don't have much information to go off of here.

Can you postback with:

1) The model number off of the back of the TV?

2) The brand and model off of the front of that "Mini-Box"?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you on this as needed. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?