Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I have a pioneer elite vsx-52 receiver that keeps flashing

Customer Question

I have a pioneer elite vsx-52 receiver that keeps flashing ue22 and we have lost all sound. what is wrong, how to fix ?
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Unfortunately this is a very common problem with these receivers, and a known flaw.

While it can sometimes be caused by corrupted firmware, it is almost always the result of an underlying hardware relating to a defective processor chip.

As a 2011 model receiver, it is at/past its service life at this point, so seeing hardware failures start to develop is not surprising.

The one thing you can attempt here is a microprocessor reset to refresh the firmware/operating system.

Unplug power to the receiver for 5 minutes.

Replug,

press and hold the ENTER button on the front panel

keep holding while powering on.

If it comes up on screen with a RESET? button, use the preset <> buttons to navigate to select reset, enter

then enter once more to confirm.

Power off and back on.

If no change (error message persists) then it would confirm a hardware fault, which would require repairs to correct.

At that point, you are better off buying a new receiver, as repairs will run you about $400 on average, which would be better spent on a new model with updated features and a fresh warranty.

Should it come to that, I can help with finding a repair shop or recommending replacement models, if you'd like.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Do you need more help with this?