Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a 32inch Westinghouse tv and the dvd disc won't eject

Customer Question

Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Sorry you're having problems. This occurs when the DVD mechanism fails or simply has locked up.

Please try a reboot of the set.

Disconnect the TV from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote) for 10 seconds and release.

Wait a minute then pres and hold the Eject button while plugging the set back in.

Continue to hold Eject for 15 full seconds or until the disc ejects- whichever comes first.

If the set does not try to eject then power it on first and then press and hold eject for another 15 seconds.

Try those steps up to three times and let me know what happens.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Try those steps once you are able to see my reply,

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Are you having the same problem? Are you able to hear the eject motor trying to engage?