TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

My smart TV Samsung flat screen fell over backwards. Screen looks OK, sound and channels come on but the picture...

Customer Question
my smart TV Samsung flat...
my smart TV Samsung flat screen fell over backwards. Screen looks OK, sound and channels come on but the picture looks like cascading crystal colored chandeliers on the left and is a muffled picture at the other side. Is there anything I can do? Thank you.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And how long has this been happening with the channels?
Customer: I couldn't find a "make" just know that it's a pretty new flatscreen tv. the Model Number is *****
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Unplugging and replugging all connections; turning entire thing on and off a couple of times.
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No, thank you.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
6/23/2016
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 1 year ago
Nathan, Installer

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Do you see any cracks, lines, etc on the screen when you turn it off? Look closely with a flashlight if needed.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I didn't see any cracks on the screen when I turned it off.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
what should I do now?

Thank you for confirming,

Unfortunately the symptoms indicate that there is actual internal hardware damage. Even if there are not internal cracks, the fall can compromise the integrity of the internal lcd panel (screen), where the layers bend, break, and delaminate, causing the picture issues you are seeing.

There is no fix for this. No reset, settings, or adjustment will help, as there is internal damage.

To resolve it would require replacing the entire lcd panel (screen assembly) which is virtually never practical. The part alone costs as much as the tv is worth, and labor costs quickly doubles that. The warranty does not cover physical damage like this.

Your best option at this point is to replace the tv with a new model. You can get a new 32" tv for around $200, even for the same model: http://amzn.to/290z5yf

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

--

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.

Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. I apologize this is not the outcome you had hoped for, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately. Rating 1 or 2, or not rating at all, does not produce a refund, it only penalizes me for trying to help.

Do you need more help with this, Barbara?

Nathan, Installer