How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aric Your Own Question
Aric, Technician
Category: TV
Satisfied Customers: 44955
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
Type Your TV Question Here...
Aric is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I Have A tachi TV Model 42 HDF 39 And I have had it .The

Customer Question

I Have A Hitachi TV Model 42 HDF 39 And I have had it for 9years.The seekers are trying to go out . Where are they on the TV. And can I fix them?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, The "Seekers"? There's no such part on this TV. Are you referring to the speakers?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Speakers yes.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the reply. I'm taking a look for those now.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not wont you to call me.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

I don't want to call you. The site is sending that automatically- I have no control over it. Please stand by.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay there's bad news here and the speakers for this set are not available for purchase or resale anywhere. This is common when TV's are over 5 years of age and parts become unavailable. There is a workaround however, which will fix the sound and that is to purchase an inexpensive set of self powered speakers or soundbar and connect them to the TV's Audio Out port- which will essentially bypass the TV's speakers. The cost and time of opening up the set to replace it's internal speakers is going to be on par with what an external sound system will run you anyhow. Best Buy has many options available and below is a good example of a speaker that will work:,loc:1&ksid=e5bfdd32-2690-4387-b59c-cc7d74cb5cde&ksprof_id=16&ksaffcode=pg42377&ksdevice=c&ref=212&loc=1&gclid=CjwKEAjwqJ67BRCzzJ7Hy-LYlFYSJABwp9PGo-SQq0l7E6Y7pTsna0eCV3Oe4OKe2Wcj1WcYHhQychoCdkjw_wcB

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

That soundbar will connect to the Audio Out jack on the back of the TV and then in the TV MENU you will go into teh sound/audio settings and shut off the TV speakers.

If you need further assistance let me know. PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. That is how the site credits me for my work.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Do you need further assistance with this, or would you like me to continue searching for perhaps a set of used Hitachi speakers- meaning you still want to disassemble the TV?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No further assistance is needed. Much abbliged
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome. If satisfied with my efforts, could you please click a POSITIVE rating at the top of the page?