TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Trying to auto tune

Customer Question
trying to auto tune
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
6/20/2016
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 1 year ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello

Welcome

Can you please describe exactly what problems you are having with the TV please?why are you trying to auto-tune please?

Can you also let me know how you are viewing TV services please?satellite\cable box\antenna?

Anthony

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I pushed a wrong button and now my TV has no channels working - hey I am old - I have a antenna

OK sorry you are having trouble, please begin by disconnecting the TV from wallpower waiting 5 mins then replugging the TV back in again, let me know if there is any change

Anthony

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no still not working

What originally happened please?what was the symptom of the TV before you started autotune?

Anthony

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
fine I went into auto tune because I lost channel 9 and when I did what it said on menu I lost every thing!!!!!!!

OK just give me 5 mins to go through this

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I went into menu and went to Auto tuning push to start and then when down to potion TV/DTV pushed OK and then question was all of progrmmes will be deleted continue? NO and then pushed OK and went back to TO START AGAIN1 WHAT AM i DOING WRONG
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The reason I may have lost all the channels I may have pushed YES by errorr

Press MENU>> up down arrow>>OPTION>>>Factory Reset activate this then start again fresh install follow all the prompts, (make sure antenna is plugged into the back of the set)

Let me know how it goes

Please rate the answer positively 3 to 5 stars with rating bar at the top of the page (usually)

Anthony

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have got to options what is the Factory
reset!!
antenna is plugged in

Its three quarters way down the menu?factory reset

Right arrow then up down arrows to factory reset

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I do not have factory reset -

Please download the manual here and go to page 93 <<click

It clearly says there is a factory reset

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
how do I down load the manual
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
hey found it sorry
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it says off so need to put in on is that what you are saying
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it says enter password

Put in 0000 these are zeros

Not O as in alphabet O

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK now got to on

Ok switch ON factory reset

or press enter?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
did what you said it have followed the guide pushed next put in SA set new password ***** pressed OK to start but it keeps going back to installation guide !

yes its meant to, please follow the installation guide

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am following it am have tried a several times putting in my new password ***** keeps coming back to the same questions

You need to follow the guide and do as it says?if you do not follow the guide this wont work

So if it starts by asking for the language please pick it out and put this in ?

This is just an example what is it saying in the installation guide?

These are all elementary things to do however I appreciate you are older and may not be comfortable with it do you know anyone who can help?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
hey I am doing what you say and keeps going back to the same questions !! I now my TV annetta is working because I did a manual and got some channel 3 so it not the that!! I follow the things they ask I push the buttons they ask put in a passwork etc and then push OK to start and goes back to the same questions!! I maybe old not silly

I can't help you with that, it doesn't say in the manual exactly what happens during the installation menu but I have done hundreds and all as you do is follow exactly what the menu says hopefully you did not change the password ***** forget it?you should have left this at 0000?

It doesnt matter that you may have changed it so long as you remeber it

So what is the first question that the installation guide asks for?

You need to answer the questions you see otherwise the installation wont work

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am so upset my daughter is coming around and if she has question we may contact you again in 1/2 hour!!

OK

If all works out well please remember to rate the answer positively with the rating bar at the top of the page 3 to 5 stars this will allow me to receive credit from the site thanks again

Anthony

How is this working out please?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
hi not good and you I followed the promotes and your language made me feel not good!! where are communicating from not Aust

No not in Aus

How has it all worked out please?

Not sure what you mean by language

Anthony

Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician