TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

LG Rt-56NZ23rb I have had an on going convergence problem

Customer Question
LG Rt-56NZ23rb I have had an...
LG Rt-56NZ23rb
I have had an on going convergence problem for some time as in the screen has a concave in the middle. Mostly it has gone away after turning it on and off a few times or leaving it for a while but yesterday it was doing it and wouldn't go away and was making a ticking sound from the main transformer and now won't display anything. The power light is on on the front and the indicator lights come on when switched on but no screen display. Any help appreciated as it is a great tv
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
6/20/2016
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 1 year ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello

Welcome

Leaving the set in that condition will eventually damage the convergence chips so its very likely now that the convergence circuitry will need to be re-built (this area of the set does a lot of work components get hot) so ideally and if we was doing the set we would replace the complete convergence circuitry convergence chips included and resolder all suspect joints in the area, I am sorry this is not something easier but that is the way it is.

Cost for a tech to do that around $350

Let me know if you need more help

A positive rating is appreciated

Anthony

Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician