How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask hongkongpom Your Own Question
hongkongpom, Cable TV Installer
Category: TV
Satisfied Customers: 1292
Experience:  State Of Hawaii Certified Cable TV installer
Type Your TV Question Here...
hongkongpom is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a Panasonic LCD TV TX-26LE8A. I have MySky but would

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic LCD TV TX-26LE8A. I have MySky but would like to change to Freeview. Do I need to get a new TV? Can I use the Dish I have.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  hongkongpom replied 1 year ago.

Hello there I checked the spec for your TV and unfortunately it doesn't accept the new digital TV signals that New Zealand is broadcasting in.

It would be cheaper to buy a Freeview PVR to receive and send these signals to your TV. The PVR is a great function and lets you pause and record Freeview TV.

Freeview is received by the aerial on your roof and Freesat/My

As you know, MtSky is received by the satellite dish. If you want to receive satellite signals you will need a satellite receiving box which will again plug into your TV to deliver the signals.

Your TV is only capable of receiving the defunct analogue TV signals and therefore will require the use of standalone set top boxes to receive either the Freeview or Satellite signals.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Expert:  hongkongpom replied 1 year ago.