TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have a Vizio VU42L FHDTV10A Television. On three channels

Customer Question
we get the picture but...
I have a Vizio VU42L FHDTV10A Television. On three channels we get the picture but no sound. I put another television on the same line and it worked great. How can I boost the sound on these channels. Thank You
The TV has a mfg date of May 2007
Serial Number = 8GLSPAPAH2119585
Can you help me please.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
6/16/2016
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 1 year ago
Aric, Technician

Hello, You said "boost" the sound, but also said there was "no sound" on these three channels. So is there no sound on those three, or very little sound?

Also, I NEED details as to how this way/is connected in order to see what can be done.

Is it using just a coaxial cable from the SAT box to the TV?

Who is your Satellite provider as well please?

Let me know when you can see my reply.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No sound
Yes Sat to TV
Allied Satellite
All of your channel sound is processed in the satellite box, so reconnect it to the Vizio, if it's not already, and reboot the box by pulling it's lower cord out of the wall for 10 seconds and then reconnecting. Once it reboots check those channels that did not have sound and let me know what happens so we can proceed.
Sorry, that should be "power cord"- not lower cord.
Once that is done, if there is still no sound on those channels, then unplug your TV from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds then release. Plug the TV back into power and then check for sound. Let me know what happens in either case.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Tried boyh and nothing. Still no sound on channels 35, 41, 44 and 47. Can you help me please
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 1 year ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello

Welcome

My name is***** am a different expert

Please check that the SAP or MTS in the audio settings menu of the box is switched OFF if its on you will get no sound on some stations only

If you have problems let me know

Anthony

Please consider rating the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the site (I am a user of the site like you are a verified technician, I do not work for JustAnswer) if you need more help let me know , note the question NEVER CLOSES IT REMAINS OPEN should you need more help now or later thank you.

Many Thanks

Anthony

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The sap is the surround sound?

No its something different its secondary audio programming when activated will take out the sound on some channels now if you do not know where this is I will need the model number of the box and the model number of the TV found on the back of the TV and back or front of the box

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Model of tv = VIZIO VU42L FHDTV10A
The box is a Satallite
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Satellite Model = Direct Tv
D12-100C-R

I am working on this

There is SAP on the receiver but it works differently so please reset the box by doing this

Press the red RESET button behind the access card panel door on the front of the DIRECTV Receiver, then wait for program guide information to be acquired

Let me know if there is any change

Anthony

How is this working out please?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
That did not work either Bud

It can only be the SAP nothing else will take out the sound on some channels only now we need to look at the TV itself so press the menu button of the Tv go into the settings menu and under audio look for the SAP or MTS setting and make sure this is switched off

How is this working out please?

Anthony

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Its not frusterated.

Have you gone into the settings menu of the Tv and made sure the SAP or MTS is switched off?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can not find anything

Its this button I have marked in red on the remote <<click

Please continually press the button let me know if the sound comes back

Anthony

How is it working out now?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I checked every channel. They are all on Stereo I toggled thru the MTS button and I got Stereo, SAP and MONO and left them all on stereo.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No sound

There must be a problem with the tuner on the main-board in that case so it will mean the main-board will need to be replaced do you want to go that route please?

Anthony

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No not at this time. Thank You

OK unusual never came across this issue but if you still have no sound after doing everything I have said there is no other option available the tuner (integral to the mainboard) will need to be replaced

Please consider rating the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the site thank you, ***** ***** question NEVER CLOSES IT REMAINS OPEN should you need more help now or later thank you.

Many Thanks

Anthony

Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician