TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

My 60 in. aquos has a vertical blue line on the lef side of

Customer Question
the screen. JA: Can you guesstimate...
my 60 in. aquos has a vertical blue line on the lef side of the screen.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your AQUOS is, and have you done any troubleshooting yet?
Customer: yes i did. i bougth thi tv set in nov. 2012
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: the input -vol. bottoms, unplug and plug it and back in. basically that
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: i just would like to solve that probem . thanks
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
6/15/2016
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 1 year ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello

Welcome

How thick\thin is the line please ?

If you press the menu button of the sets own remote control does the line meet the menu?if it does does it go OVER the menu?or BEHIND it please so it disappears behind and comes out bottom

Anthony

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
like 1/16" of an inch/ or a pixel
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
im no sure now. but i believe it is behind thr menu icon( power source control) with a green leaf

This is the panel (screen) itself I am afraid its very common for LCD displays to go bad like this the depressing news is that its not an option to replace it due to the costs, it would equate to two thirds the cost of the set as new so 95% of repair outlets do not replace, they are only replaced if they fail within 3 months of warranty usually.

I am sorry for dismal news here

Let me know if I can do anything else or if you need more help

I know its bad news however for me to receive credit from the site I do need you to rate the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page 3 to 5 stars

Regards

Anthony

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
my is not a lcd its a led. what happen is the line is on front and not bihind?

They are all LCD panels with LED backlighting

The menu test is just confirmation of the issue (you never indicated) in 99.95 % of cases its OVER the top of the menu (assuming the line actually meets the menu (if its not too far over)

Anthony

Previously LCD panels had ccfl backlighting that ate energy ,they are still LCD panels but now have LED backlighting

Anthony

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok but what if the line is not behind the menu and in fornt of it instead?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
what would be my options in that scenario?

It may be a good idea to complain to Sharp they are known to help with panel failure usually if the set is 3 years or younger still may be worth a complaint though www.sharpusa.com

As I just said in 99.95% of cases its OVER the menu can you let me know that?sometimes because its blue and the menu is blue this test is not reliable its only reliable if the line is black so my bad on that test

Its a bad panel confirmed I see it virtually every day

Anthony

Just to add a technician would charge you $50_$100 for telling you this very information its not comforting but at least you have some saving by coming here and asking the question

If you need anything else let me know

Please remember the rating so I get credited by the site thank you

Anthony

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no, that why i said i was not sure at the begining of the conversation . however im not i front of the tv set right now.
but iwould to know the different diagnostic when the line is in front or back of the menu?

I have just told you 3 times?

Sorry 4 times

Please read carefully what I have just said

You have a bad LCD panel nothing is going to change that

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
yeah anthony ,perdon my lack of knowlodge. in both cases its the same?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
probably a new tv set......

Your line is blue so you wont see it OVER the menu without very careful examination as I said if it was black (it can be black \blue\yellow) you would see it clearly over the menu, if it was behind the menu its a signal issue and not the panel however the odds of it being anything else are less than 0.5% inm my experience with a single thin line like this its ALWAYS the panel

Anthony

Can you please rate the answer positively thank you?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
better, anthony i got it......live with the line or new tv set....
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
thanks , anthony

Yes I am afraid so

Your Welcome

Anthony

Do you understand what I mean about rating the answer please?if not please let me know so I can explain this to you

Anthony

Please understand I receive nothing from the site until you rate the answer positively

Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician