TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have a flat screen pal sonic 3275bk and I cannot get

Customer Question
passed the home screen, I...
I have a flat screen pal sonic 3275bk and I cannot get passed the home screen, I have tried the source and menu and cannot get a channel
Help please...
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
6/15/2016
TV Technician: Louie, Technician replied 1 year ago
Louie, Technician

Hi Wayne and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, is this a fresh/new install?

Or has the Palsonic PDP3275BK been in use for some time and this issue of "...cannot get passed the home screen..." just recent?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have just bought a home with all furniture and tv and I have seen it work when we inspected the home but I think there is something that I am not doing. I have tried everything the pal sonic logo comes up fine but when I enter a channel nothing comes up..
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Is there a way where I can reboot the TV to start from the beginning?

Possibly a Reset but it would have to be done in the MENU . System Settings.

Still, might there perhaps be a PVR or a satellite receiver such as an Foxtel iQ used with the TV?

...or if directly connected to an antenna, a coaxial line booster or pre-amp that needs to be turned on?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks Louie no the tv is plugged into power and a cord for the antenna.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I can connect a DVD to the tv if that would help

Yes please; that would allow as another source other than the antenna. It would serve as a test by process of elimination.

Still, is the Palsonic in TV mode? Have you tried a button labeled as "SOURCE" that needs to be pressed a couple of times.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have accessed the source button but have not pushed it twice I simply scroll up to then push the horizontal arrow but nothing occurs will it make a difference if I push the source button twice?

Not necessary if able to select TV (mode) as SOURCE. If done/selected, would a channel number (any) be displayed on 1 corner of the screen ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
a channel number 1 appears in top right with auto underneath.

Then we are in TV mode. If connected to an antenna as above described, then it should be able to receive broadcasts.

Still, the above post of "...auto underneath..." might be referring to the TV performing an AUTO scan of the available channels. Have you allowed the TV to complete this scanning process?

Was the TV unplugged for a very long time?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have allowed the tv to complete the scanning process but it doesn't tune. The tv has been switched off for about 3 months

With "... 3 months...", then likely the internal programming / memory has to be renewed hence the auto scanning.

Offhand, I would suspect more the antenna, coaxial cable and even possibly a splitter or even an antenna amplifier/booster of sorts.

How many TVs are in the house please?

And can we try connecting/playing a DVD player? (even if just to eliminate the TV's functionality as a suspect)

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have 3 other tvs in the house and yes I can connect a DVD player to the tv.

And are all the other TVs able to receive the TV broadcasts?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
all other tv's are fine, chrysalis clear.

When able, please post back with the DVD player's model number.

...and an update if the DVD player would work as expected with the TV.

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the DVD player can play DVDs through the tv but still no tv channels the DVD is a Sony sr320

Appreciate the additional information. I was hoping that the DVD player would be a model with a built-in TV tuner.

A final test (if able); try 1 of the 3 other TVs and connect this TV in/where the PDP3275BK is using the same coaxial cable used by the Palsonic TV.

• if the known to be operating other TV is also able to display a broadcast station, then it would be a coaxial cable and/or splitter issue;
  • on the other hand, if this other TV works instead of the Palsonic , then it would be an internal hardware issue with the PDP4225HD.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have plugged in another tv into the same plug and it works fine but this tv does not. You mentioned that a kind of reboot in settings may help where do I find settings on this tv?

When pressing on the MENU with most versions, there would be selections of the different sub-menus. One of these sub-menu would be for System. Selecting this System, there would be settings that includes a Reset. If present/done, then it would load default values on the different settings. As it implies, a reset would force the unit to revert back to factory defaults removing glitches and config errors but would include memories, presets and user preferences.

After a reset, the initial setup would have to be performed.

This is very critical - a reset however would not be corrective of an internal hardware concern; but it would be confirmed. In some instances, it may even expose/cause other issues.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok thank you will try this and see how we go. Thank you for your help Louie

Great! Glad that the above information may serve your purpose and would appreciate a Positive Rating and/or an Accept (if haven't done so).

Good luck and thank you too for the opportunity to be able to share the information.

Louie, Technician