Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

I have a Sony television, model KDL52XBR4.The remote is

Customer Question

I have a Sony television, model KDL52XBR4.The remote is partially inoperable (On the bottom of the remote is "RM-YD017 R. Is it worth repairing? Where can I get that done? If not worth repairing, where can I purchase a remote? What is the approximate cost? W Len Alfonso
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Welcome. I am Mike, an experienced field technician. We are now connected together on this convenient website where I am able to help you.

Nobody repairs remotes. Labor is way too expensive. You can certainly buy an exact replacement for about $30:

http://www.newremotecontrol.com/sony/catalog_item.php?catnum=148030111

eBay will have similar Sony tv remotes that will also work and may cost less.

Before you go please take a moment to submit at least a 3 star rating at the top of this page. Then if you still need help you can reply back and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thanks

Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, just checking back in to see if you still need help, or perhaps you would like to acknowledge that my time and input has been helpful?