Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Cant shut the tv off.

Customer Question

cant shut the tv off.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, First- sorry you're having problems.

Secondly, can you reply back with the following so I can hep you?

1) What is the model number off the back of the Vizio?

2) How long have you owned the set for and when did this occur?

3) What remote are you using- the original Vizio remote or a cable remote?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Let me know when you're able to see my reply.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model #E320-B2. Year 1 1/2 .Use both remots
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Thanks. How about if you use the power button on the TV itself, can you hut the set off then? Just trying to determine if this is a remote sensor problem in the TV or if it goes further. Let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It will shut off, but will power on by it self in 3 seconds. I have to pull the plug.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

I was asking specifically if the POWER BUTTON ON THE TV ITSELF will shut the set off. I need to know this for troubleshooting. If it does not then your TV has a faulty Mainboard and needs that part replaced. The diagnosis depends 100% on the small details like this. Let me know.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

There is another hint that stands out at me though, saying the TV will power on by itself in a few seconds points 100% to the Mainboard being faulty. This part provides the turn on command to the set and the EEPROM has failed. You can purchase this part for around $35 and swap it yourself (there's no soldering or special tools required- only a screwdriver). That is the most cost effective way to repair the TV and the mainboard can be purchased at the link below for your model:

http://gopartserv.com/products/vizio-91-76r10-001g-main-unit?variant=13558416196&gclid=Cj0KEQjw1v66BRCV-6rh6s-Biu8BEiQAelpui-NecerBexT05rmbm84zhPYS12CIJ5QxwuYYtZTiPvsaAh088P8HAQ

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Alternatively a shop will generally charge around $175 parts and labor for this repair and given the set can be replaced for that same cost (a brand new 32" LED starts at around $150), then in that case it would not make much sense to put that kind of money into repairs.

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. That is how the site credits me for my work.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I couldn't find a button!
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Check the sides and the back dear corners of the set, it does have one.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
If the results are the same with the manual button then see my reply above regarding the main board.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for- please kindly RATE my service POSITIVELY to reflect that. Thank you.