TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have a 70" Visio HDTV with a darkened screen : I'll need

Customer Question
I have a 70" Visio...
I have a 70" Visio HDTV with a darkened screen
JA: Just to clarify, what's the HDTV's exact make and model?
Customer: I'll need to look for it
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: None
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
6/12/2016
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 1 year ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

1- Could you please get me the model number written on back of TV?
2- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?
Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Model No. Visio E701i A3 It has a DVD and is a smartv so is wireless
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I paused Netflix and left the house for four hours which I know was a bad idea.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I wasn't planning on being gone for that long or I'd have shut it off.

OK - Have you tried to unplug TV power cord from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have not tried that, let me do that and I'll get back to you

Sure, please take your time and reply back with the result.

Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello, That did nothing. Is there a reset button I can push?

Sorry to hear that, I'm afraid there is no reset button to push for this issue.

Reset option is available in TV menu and screen should lit to view the menu option screen to proceed.

- Does screen glow/ show backlight at all when turn On the TV?

- Also, shine a good flashlight on TV screen bit closely and press menu button, do you get faint/ dim image inside screen?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
In reading about this particular tv online, it looks like the problem lies with the Screen itself. So what I probably need is a replacement TV Screen. Where can I get one of those?

Well it could be screen or t-con board that provides video data to screen to make picture.

If screen glow/ show backlight then it would be t-con board problem and replacement of t-con board will help to resolve the problem.

If you get dim/ faint image inside screen when shine a flashlight then it would be backlight system failure and either power supply board or main board would be defective. I wouldn't jump straight on screen before checking other things in TV because screen is most expensive part of TV that costs approx new TV price of same size if still available with Vizio Parts as other part suppliers do not have it in stock, please check following Vizio Parts link for screen and other supplier link to get replacement t-con or power supply or main board...

http://www.vizpartsdirect.com/index.php

http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=E701i+A3

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.
Regards,
Shahid.

Hi there,

I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!

Please reply back here if there is additional questions.

Thank you.

Shahid
Shahid
Shahid, Technician