TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I cannot get live tv on my sony bravia kdl-46ex701 : and its

Customer Question
hello Pearl JA: How long has...
hello Pearl
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: I cannot get live tv on my sony bravia kdl-46ex701
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Sony is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: and its about 2 years
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: its 2010
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no thats all and thank you
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
6/10/2016
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 1 year ago
Aric, Technician

Hello, Please elaborate on "Live TV"- what do you have connected to the set that you view from (ex: Cable/SAT box, etc.)?

What exactly do you see on your screen?

Provide as much detail as possible as I am not there to see what you're seeing. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I want live tv from the internet I have
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I need to get youtube or sports and news online

Okay, well your TV is not a Smart TV, so doesn't have that ability. Are you saying you want to add something to the TV to be able to stream internet content on the set?

Hello?

Since this Sony isn't a Smart TV you can't get internet apps on it directly. In order to do this you need a device that connects to the TV. Roku or Amazon Firestick, Apple TV etc.- there are many. Simply purchase one of these devices then plug it into one of the HDMI ports on the TV, select that Input then follow the on screen instructions that show up. Here's a good example of a device that will work, and solve the issue of the TV not being a Smart TV:

https://www.roku.com/

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. That is how the site credits me for my work.

Did you need anything else here?

Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for- please kindly RATE my service POSITIVELY to reflect that. Thank you.

Aric, Technician