Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

Zenith z50pg10-ua powers on screen flashes grey then goes

Customer Question

Zenith z50pg10-ua powers on screen flashes grey then goes black. Sound but no picture.there are spme discussions on this but not enough info for me to follow procedures
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Zenith is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Plasma z50pg10 manufactured 2008
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The tv powers on then the whole screen tirns grey then it goes black and will not show any picture or menus
JA: Is there anything else the TV Technician should be aware of?
Customer: I dont believe so
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome

Are you going to be working on the set yourself?

First thing is checking the Vs and Va voltages from the power to scan boards with a meter do you think you can do that?

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
im working on it myself. I not have a meter

You will need that as we need to follow a procedure of checks each check is related you see to the next check and so on, I can give you a brief out line of what I believe the problem to be?cost etc

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well i do not know of any one that has a meter. So i cannot access one.

I understand you could buy one?radio shack will sell one for about $20_$30?

You see there is a procedure to follow if you want to fix the set yourself and a meter is an essential tool

Its a volt\ohm\amp meter

Other than that I can give you a check list to do and the likely culprit(s) ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its my sons birthday i cannt buy a meter anytime soon.

If that is something outside of your comfort zone then you will need a tech www.tvrepairpros.com will locate a tech in your area

Please consider rating the answerpositively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page,rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the site (Iam a user of the site like you are a verified technician, I do notwork for JustAnswer) if you need more help let me know , note thequestion NEVER CLOSES IT REMAINS OPEN should you need more help nowor later thank you.

Many Thanks

Anthony

You did speak about following procedures yourself in the question ,I am trying to do that however I am detecting that having to use a meter has floored you?

I am afraid that is the way it is you have an electronic product that has failed most electronic products are checked using a meter

Let me know if i can do anything else, if you need more info on whats wrong let me know

A positive rating is appreciated

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not believe it has to do with the power. As far as procedure it is regarding checking the upper and lower buffer board. That is what i am trying to do

I did not say it had to do with power I said the Vs and Va voltages need to be checked first that is then clear , you cant do any procedure to check buffer boards they just need to be replaced but that ONLY is carried out if necessary after we complete checks rather like a pilot setting a boeing for take off if he misses something out then the plane may not get off the ground its the same thing

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well i cant get a meter so i guess this money was pointless thanks

I cant just say to you replace the buffers when I do not know what the vital signs of the set are

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Some one else had removed one at a time to verify if the other one worked so that is what i was trying to do. But waste of money

I do not receive anything until you rate the info positive with the rating bar of stars top of page if you want to have a think and come back anytime let me know just come back here,

You can do that but again you will need a meter and it wont prove anything

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i paid and did not get any help. If i could do that without having help i wouldnt have paid to get help

I can only help if you help yourself if you want info on a refund email***@******.***

I really do not know why you asked a question in first place have a good day!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want someone to help that is not demeaning like you are being
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have found someone who may have a meter so i am working on getting that however i wouls like to work with someone else

I have opted out of the question its now open to all experts