TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Our TV keeps going off seconds to 3-5 minutes then comes

Customer Question
Our TV keeps going off...
Our TV keeps going off for 5 seconds to 3-5 minutes then comes back on.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
6/6/2016
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 1 year ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem , please send me a reply when you see this ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I hope it helps

Same here but this certainly looks like a software problem , not just some settings .

When did it start to do that ?

Was it after an upgrade ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It started Thursday or Friday. No it was not after an upgrade

O.k , give me a minute please and I will have something for you to try

We will do a factory reset but note that you may have to redo your setup like network connection

If that works for you then do this ;

Open the menu and select the Support section of the main menu, and then press ENTER.

Select the Self Diagnosis section of the Support, and then press ENTER.

Select the Reset, and then press ENTER.

Enter the security PIN (default 0000) for your TV.

The reset warning will appear, select Yes and then press ENTER.

Let me know how that goes

I understand that it may take a bit of watching before you can confirm if it worked or not so let me know later on

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
When will you do the factory reset?

Me ?

I wont, you will , I just gave you the procedure

Select the Reset, and then press ENTER.

Let me know how that goes

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have gone thru the different selections on the TV and do not have a "support" item.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Would "trouble shoot & resolve" be the same?

can you see system or self diagnosis

The info I just gave you is from Samsung and for your model so there must be a support section

Can you give me the items you have in the main menu ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no

If you scroll down below what you first see on the screen what do you see in there ?

Either in the MENU or TOOLS

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Live, Recordings, OnDemand, Interactive, Help, Options

you are not in the correct menu , give me a minute please

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This is only the second time we have used this service. The first was several years ago and it was for the same reason but Different TV. We had to have a tech come out and he fixed it.

do you have a TOOLS button on the TV's remote , the manual wont even show the remote

What you had there was the cable box menu by the way , use the TV MENU

TV REMOTE

This is how it goes again Menu > Support >Self Diagnosis > Reset and when asked for a password ***** 0000 if you did not set your own already

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have the TV remote now but the TV is in a different room will take a minute

take your time

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am totally lost. I pressed the tools button and now I have a screen that I can't get out of.

press tools again ?

isn`t there a MENU button as well ?

turn off the tv and back on

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I got it working and I think it is ok now!! Not sure but it seems to be working fine. It said it went back to the factory settings
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Well I guess not. It is doing it again.

O.k then and is this tv connected to internet like the smart hub , is that set ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are you still there

you just saw my last reply then yes I am

is this tv connected to internet like the smart hub , is that set ?

Right now if that reset did not do it then the only hope would be a firmware upgrade but if the tv is already connected to internet then that upgrade has been done automatically and this would mean a defective main board (80% chances) or a power supply circuit issue (20%)

If not connected to internet already then a firmware upgrade with a USB flash drive could be tried , this upgrade and instruction can be downloaded here , click this link ;

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/UN55F6400AFXZA-search

This would have to be determined with meters for the 100% certainty.

This main board part # ***** cost some $100 to buy while the power supply is some $80

Let me know and i will help you along if you wish to look into repairing this yourself

This is Plug&Play ,no solder or adjustments and if you or a friend is handy with a screwdriver and can remove the back cover then you can do this yourself, no special tools required.

If that is not your cup of tea so to speak then to have this repaired at home could cost you around $250 to $300 parts included and perhaps $50 less if you take it to the shop yourself .

If you need to find repair shops near you then look at the link below and enter your zip code ;
www.tvrepairpros.com
This will give you a list of NESDA member repair shops in your area.
This list may be limited though and you may find more by simply using the yellow pages or simply google "tv repairs" and the name of your town .
You could give a call to different shops in your area to get an idea of their rates , it pays to shop around .

Let me know if you have other questions and if not then please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you need further info or help .
Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't know what it is connected to. I cant change channels or any thing now. It has 3 squares with TV & Movies, Apps, and Photos

press the INPUT or SOURCE button repeatedly on the TV's remote until it gets back to the cable box

You went into the hub and by the look of it its not set as you don't seem to know how to use it

That's beside your problem right now anyway

I`m going to step out for lunch now and if you have questions about the diagnostic and info I gave you above then I will check on you as soon as I return , otherwise please take the time to rate my answer and as I said it doesn`t close this post anyway ,it just gets me paid for my time so far .

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It is on HDM1 and I know it should be on HDM2. I have one channel and cant change it. Please help!!
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will call you in about an hour.

Your cable box changes the channel now , switch remote

As soon as you get a picture , drop the tv`s remote and use the cable box remote

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It is fine. Thanks for your help

Much welcome

If you don`t have any more questions for now then please do take the time to rate my answer by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit , this is how I make a living and that rating gets me paid for my time.
and you can come back here at any time after rating for questions or help
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you have questions.
Thanks for understanding .

Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician