Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I have a Beo 7 and there is no sound when I turned it on

Customer Question

Category: TV
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi Barbara,

If you just have one speaker (e.g. a Beolab 7 soundbar) connected to the TV, then the problem may just be the speaker is faulty or the cable linking it to the TV has come loose or is faulty.

As Beo 7 models don't have an indicator light fitted, it can be tricky to tell if the speaker is actually working. Please check the power lead to the speaker and the fuse in the plug. Do you hear a quiet "pop" sound from the speaker when the TV switches on?

The next step is to try a pair of headphones with the TV, as this should tell you if the TV is producing sound.

It could also be worth pressing "MENU" twice on the remote to enter the TV setup and then select "SPEAKERS". You should see your speaker shown as the Centre channel speaker in the list.

If you can please advise know which speakers you have connected to the TV, then I can give you a more accurate reply.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have done all this and nothing helped so do i have to pay the full amount ?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

What were the results, so I can advise you further?

- Do you hear a quiet "pop" sound from the speaker when the TV switches on?

- Can you hear sound through headphones connected to the TV?

- Which speaker type do you have connected to the TV?