TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

My emerson 32 led tv turns on. Power indicator blinks 6

Customer Question
times with no picture. JA: Just...
My emerson 32 led tv turns on. Power indicator blinks 6 times with no picture.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the LED television's exact make and model?
Customer: Mod no lf320em4a
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: When I turn on the tv the power indicator blinks 6 times then no light. Also has no picture.
JA: Is there anything else the TV Technician should be aware of?
Customer: And 3 ghost like lines appear on the right side of the screen after a few min.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: Was working fine last night.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
6/4/2016
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 1 year ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , I`m Jack an independent TV/AUDIO repairman with 40 years experience.
Perhaps i can help you with this , please let me know when you see this.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Do you know my issue?

Hello , i`ll start with those 6 blinks , they don`t mean anything beside the fact that the tv has detected a problem .

Do you still have the sound ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
do not think so. I do not hear anything from the tv.

You said there were lines on the screen ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have four grey lines on the right side of the screen.

O.k then it means the screen light up ?

Can you see the TV's own menu ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No. Tried to use the source button but nothing appears

I`m sorry but something just came up i will have to opt out now.

You don`t have to do anything , your question will be reposted for other techs. to see and jump in.

TV Technician: Louie, Technician replied 1 year ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, a little more background info please:

• • has it been in storage for a length of time;
  • • is this a sudden recent issue;
  • • or slowly developing while in use;
  • • any recent work, installation or mods done involving the TV;
  • • or anything out of the ordinary prior to this fault such as a storm, lightning strike or even power failure/fluctuations?

Still, the described symptom almost always point to an internal hardware issue. This would then require that the unit be opened up for visual inspection, voltage/continuity/resistance checks, confirm faults and effect repairs.

Are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, you would need to have access to and be familiar with a multi-meter and even perhaps a soldering iron.

If considering a DIY, please post back with clear picture of the power supply board. Click HERE.

Of particular interest would be the board number, something like A3AFM023.

Louie, Technician