TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

We HAVE INSTALLED A JVC FLAT SCREEN WITH SUDDENLINK CABLE AND ABLE TO SCAN FOR CHANNELS TO GET EVERYTHING OPERATING...

Customer Question
we HAVE INSTALLED A JVC...
we HAVE INSTALLED A JVC FLAT SCREEN WITH SUDDENLINK CABLE AND i AM NOT ABLE TO SCAN FOR CHANNELS TO GET EVERYTHING OPERATING.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your JVC is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: PROBABLY WITHIN THE LAST FEW YEARS, I AM AFRAID I DO NOT HAVE THE MODEL NO.
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: WHEN I PULL UP THE MENU AND GO TO AUTO SCAN FOR CHANNELS ANYTIME I SELECT START AND PRESS OK IT KICKS ME OUT OF THE MENU ALL TOGETHER
JA: Is there anything else important you think the TV Technician should know?
Customer: I AM USING A UNIVERSAL RCA REMOTE BUT THAT SEEMS TO HAVE PROGRAMED FINE
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/4/2016
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 1 year ago
Nathan, Installer

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Are you using just basic cable (coax direct from the wall jack to the tv)? Or is there a suddenlink cable BOX?

What is the model number of the tv? This is printed on a sticker on the back of the tv.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
basic cable
let me see if i can find model no
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i can't access the back of the tv it is mounted to the wall and too heavy for me to remove

Without the model, and the proper remote (universal remotes rarely work for this) it will be difficult if not impossible to resolve this.

To confirm, you are using basic cable only, without a box.

First you would need to set the tvs source/input mode to TV (air/antenna), and NOT to hdmi, video, etc

From there you should be able to access the menu, under the channel or setup category, and run the auto scan

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
got theLT-47X579 model number!
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
SORRY THE MODEL NUMBER IS *****

Thanks,

process is essentially the same as I mentioned before.
Input/source mode set to TV

Go into menu, arrow over to the TV menu, then down to Tuner Mode, set it to Cable,

then into Auto Scan and run scan.

If no channels are detected, then the issue is that the suddenlink channels are encrypted, and cannot be received by your tv without the addition of a cable box. For that you'd need to contact the cable company and have them provide a box for use with this tv.

Do you need more help with this?

Nathan, Installer